Friday, September 19, 2008

I am still alive.

Oh how long it has been. All the events of the past few months (graduation being the first of a long series of them) created a Meg that had no functioning brain. Sure, it reminded my lungs to accept oxygen and reject carbon dioxide and it told my heart to pump the blood through my body, but that's about as far as it went- it turned itself off otherwise as a defense mechanism. If it didn't think, I didn't have to face all the instability of my life. Which means that in the past couple of weeks, with my brain booting up again, I've been overloading on everything.
I turned to my surefire-jumpstart mode; I jerked myself out of my home environment and dropped myself down in another country. And I put myself in the same apartment as the one other person in this hemisphere who most frequently, in many ways outside of the physical, is in the same place as me. And I am opening up again. And though in some ways it is painful, it is a sweet release, and I feel alive again. So hooray for that, and I promise to be back soon with everything that comes of it all.

No comments: