Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"Don't get too involved with IC. It will ruin your life.... but in the best possible way."

Laren said that at the conference, and it is probably the truest thing I've ever heard. I can't get away from it lately, because we've been away from school so there's been a lot less IC/S4S stuff to be doing, and I'm going through withdrawal. I've spent two years being involved and six months being totally immersed in it, and now I'm just dying to get started again. I'm applying for a fall GO internship and also the next roadie group, I've got big plans for the underground-army national-event (now accepting volunteers for help... this is going to be a huge job), there's so much to be done with the IIS project, I've got so many screenings I want to do, there's the benefit concert, the roadies are coming back in March!.... and in this exact moment in time, there's nothing concrete I can do about any of this. raaahr!

I'm officially out of the running for the HERO awards. It was disappointing at first, but it shouldn't be. I am, after all, officially a bronze HERO, which makes me one of IC's top 100- and that's really freakin' cool. Sure, I don't get a plaque, or a free trip to DC, or a free trip to Uganda, but top 100 isn't bad.... it's not bad at all.

No comments: